Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hungry Monster Strikes

Do not grocery shop when you're hungry! Sounds like good advice, right? Sometimes you just cant avoid it... like today. I had a late breakfast, missed lunch, left a few minutes early for a doctor's appointment, and went straight to the store with my tummy growling. My $25-30 shopping trip turned into nearly $100 and that is why "they" say you shouldn't shop hungry, and I believe "them"!

I joined the Smart Shopper Club over at Save-a-Lot and got my $5 off $25 purchase coupon so I decided to grab some things on the way home.


Some things quickly turned into practically one of everything in the store! I got some meatballs, some frozen dinners/lunches, some crackers, some screamin cheese (so good!), some fruit, some macaroni and cheese, some jello and pudding, some chicken nuggets, some cheese, and lots of other some things. At least now I wont have to go grocery shopping for some time!

On the bright side I was able to scope out more of the special buys still available at my store. It pays to shop around, so don't forget to check other local retail or grocery stores for their prices and specials before you buy. Here's a few of the deals with any matching coupons I could find:


Quaker Instant Oatmeal $1.99
January 2 RedPlum $1.00 off


Act II Microwave Popcorn 3pk $1.49
February 27 SmartSource $0.55 off


Prego Pasta Sauce 2 for $3.00
January 2 SmartSource $0.35 off 2


General Mills Cereals $2.49
Various on coupons.com


Yakisoba Asian Noodles $0.49
January 2 SmartSource $0.50 off


Philadelphia Orig Cream Cheese $1.19


Hungry Jack Potatos $1.00


Ocean Spray Juices $1.88


Hunts Snack Pack Pudding $0.99


Green Giant Canned Veggies $0.59

No comments:

Post a Comment