Sunday, May 8, 2011

Twilight Shopping - When Vampires Sparkle

Last week I had a heck of a time coming up with a viable deal scenario for Walgreen's. There were some awesome Register Rewards, but I just couldn't combine them in such a way that I felt was worth the money I would be spending. I must have written it out 10 different ways. I was determined not to miss out on another toilet paper deal so at 11:30 we drove like banshees to the 24 hour store. Luckily they were out of pretty much everything I wanted. Why is that lucky? Glad you asked.

After I came home, I was utterly disappointed in missing out yet again on cheap toilet paper so I started looking around online for the next big deal. Much to my surprise the toilet paper deal was still on, and so was the Gillette razor deal, there were also a couple new deals on toothpaste and toothbrushes that made for a winning combination. Then, oh my goodness, there was free body wash... body wash that smells so good it makes me feel hungry. Awesome.

I went to two different stores this morning, the first at 5 AM (back to the 24 hour store - and no I didn't sleep last night), and then I made sure to get to the other store right as they opened at 7 so I could actually get some more of the body wash. I scored everything you see below for $25.92 and I saved $181.56!!! That's 88% savings! Click HERE for a detailed list of my transactions along with a summary of the items and coupons used.



In the end I think I did pretty well, however I will warn you that you may have issues at the Old 94/Muegge store using a B1G1 coupon with the B1G1 sale. My twit of a cashier refused to take my coupon so I had to pay retail *cringe* for one of my body washes, and then the body wash didn't ring up right, so he thought he would just use my coupon. I said "uh no, its already supposed to be buy one get one free so you are not using my coupon" and I snatched it back from him. Not one of my finer moments, but I really dislike being argued with and for some reason he kept hopping around like he had to go #1. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment